Submit to our zine!
About the zine
We are looking for original written and visual pieces from Black women, femmes, trans and non binary people to be part of an exclusive zine about hair. Any themes connected to hair, heritage, memory and childhood is welcome, espsecially work that explores relationship building, identity and activism. We will be shortlisting entries and will announce results at the beginning of August. Each successful submission will be paid £25 and the zine will be published in September. Deadline is 25 July 2019. Send submissions to email@example.com
- Accepting short essays, poetry, articles no more than 600 words
- Essays and articles should have an accompanying image
- Please send via a word document or google docs.
- Accepting iIlustrations, collages, etc. we are sadly not looking for photography.
- Please send a short description of your visual work
- Please send in jpeg or png formats
- Name/ how you would like to be credited
- Preferred pronouns
- A social media handle
- A short bio
Plaits, Princesses + Pink Moisturiser
The stories of 25 black women and femmes and their relationship with hair. Read it here.
A is for Afro